Three amazing Astronomy books
by John Wilkinson
Book 1. New Eyes on the Sun
A guide to satellite images and amateur observationPublished by Springer (published January 2012) Cover image shown below:
Details: ISBN 978-3-642-22838-4 Price: EUR $34-95 approx.
Order through: Springer, Amazon, Book Depository, Fishpond.
See Products page for more information on this book.
Book 2. Probing the New Solar System
Author: Dr John Wilkinson
Publisher: CSIRO Publishing, PO Box 1139, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia 3066.
Book 1 can be ordered through bookshops or online at: www.publish.csiro.au/pid/5922/htm
Available in USA/Europe – do a web search on book title for local bookseller. Or use Amazon.com or Fishpond.com./ Booktopia / etc.
ISBN 9780643095755 Price: AUD $24.95Details about the book:
- Probing the new solar system is the most up to date book about the solar system based on the 2006/2008 IAU definitions of what constitutes a planet, dwarf planet and plutoid.
- The book draws heavily on recent 2009 data obtained from space probes and orbiting space telescopes.
- Tables of data are provided on the most significant space probes to explore the solar system, the planets and their moons, dwarf planets and plutoids.
- Newly discovered Trans Neptunian Objects, Scattered Disc and Oort Cloud objects and Exoplanets are also discussed.
- Written for amateur astronomers, science educators and the general public in a non-technical manner.
- in full colour, 300 pages, Size: 230 x 155 mm
Don't forget to click on Products and About page just under heading
Book 3: The Moon in Close-up
a next generation astronomer's guide
(Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy Series)
Now published: January 2011 / also eBook available
Author: Dr John Wilkinson Publisher: Springer
Ordering / Buying: Book can be ordered through bookshops or online at Amazon.com. / fishpond.com / Booktopia / Amazon.UK
Available in USA/Europe - do a web search on book title for local bookseller.
Order through publisher:
ISBN: 978-3-642-14804-0 Price: US$35 (Amazon.com), AUD$49 (Fishpond.com)
Australian distributor: DADirect (go to online website)
Details about the book:
- Contains the most up to date information (2010) about the Moon and its geology inc. lunar space probes.
- New information collected from USA, European, Japanese, Chinese and Indian lunar probes.
- Book is part of Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy series and is useful for amateur astronomers, science educators and the general public. A next generation astronomers guide. Especially useful for general public.
- Book combines newly acquired scientific understanding with detailed descriptions and labelled photographic maps of the lunar surface.
- Colour photographs of the Moon.
- Observational techniques clearly explained.
- Helpful glossary or terms and Index.
Don't forget to click on Products and About just below main heading.